Apply Now

How should I submit my application?

You are strongly encouraged to submit your application online before the application deadline. If you are a non-local applicant, please apply as early as possible allowing sufficient time for visa application.

Will the programme accept late application?

Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Applicants are therefore advised to apply early.

I am a final-year university student. Can I apply for the MA(VAECP) programme?

Yes, you can. Your registration will be confirmed subject to your successful completion of the degree studies.

Do I need to attend any admission interview?

All shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an admission interview. However, an applicant who has not been invited to an interview shall not assume that he/she is not being considered for admission.


Before attending the interview, shortlisted applicants are required to submit (i) Personal Statement and (ii) Artwork Portfolio

Is this MA(VAECP) a UGC-funded programme or self-funded programme?

This is a self-funded programme. Students will be required to pay a tuition fee of HK$123,600 (subject to adjustment) for the whole programme. Tuition fees will be charged on credit basis and each credit point costs HK$5,150.

Am I eligible to apply for the MA(VAECP) programme if I hold a non-local university degree?

Non-local degrees are also accepted provided that they are of a level equivalent to a recognised local degree. The University will assess applicants' non-local qualifications on an individual basis.

Can you tell me the definition of "non-local applicants"? Will non-local applicants be accepted to the MA(VAECP) programme?

Starting from the 2019/20 intake cohort, a new definition of Non-local Students (NLS) will be adopted in accordance with the HKSAR Government policy.


If you hold one of the following documents issued by the Director of Immigration, you are regarded as a non-local student for the purpose of admission to our programme.


  • student visa / entry permit; or
  • visa under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG); or
  • dependent visa / entry permit (You were 18 years old or above when you were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR.)


Definition of local and non-local applicants is as listed here. To make direct enquiries on the definition of non-local students, please contact the Education Bureau (EDB) [Email: / Fax: (852) 2804 6499].

I am a non-local applicant. Do I need to pay a higher tuition fee?

This is a self-funded programme. Local and non-local applicants pay the same level of tuition fee.

I am a non-Chinese speaker. Can I apply for the MA(VAECP) programme?

We welcome applications from non-Chinese speakers. As the medium of instruction is English, you are expected to have an adequate level of proficiency in English so that you will not be hindered by the teaching medium.

Is MA(VAECP) a taught postgraduate programme or a research postgraduate programme?

This is a taught postgraduate programme focusing more on coursework. Students are required to take 24 credit points in order to complete the programme.